After more than two years of disrupted event schedules, industry shutdowns and adjusting to the “new normal”, Castle Aviation was proud to return to the aviation conference circuit by attending the 33rd Annual International Women in Aviation Conference in March in Nashville TN. The WAI conference is unique in that it’s focus is on creating and promoting opportunities to connect and network with female peers in the aviation and aerospace industry.
With its thoughtful blend of world-class speakers, a bustling exhibit hall, a wide range of education sessions, and more than 100 scholarship awards, the 2022 WAI Conference was a triumphant return to industry events.
This was Castle Aviation’s first year exhibiting at the conference, and the staff in attendance reported quality networking opportunities, numerous leads for recruiting future Castle pilots, and the chance to build relationships with other organizations in our field, to provide further career growth for our employees. From WAI,
“Other conference highlights include:
· A total attendance of over 4,500 includes 65 international representatives from 16 countries including Canada, Ghana, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Ireland, Brazil, Germany, Singapore, Belize, the United Kingdom and others.
· The attendees were 68% women and 32% men.
· The exhibit hall hosted 176 separate companies and organizations, representing all aspects of the aviation community, including drones.
· 103 scholarships were distributed to WAI members at every stage of life from for both academic use, lifestyle enhancement, and flight training, including type ratings. A total $473,000 in scholarships was awarded, which put the total scholarships awarded since 1995 to more than $14.5 million.
· A special tribute to Wally Funk, WAI Lifetime Member 26, for her trailblazing trip to space aboard Blue Origin’s New Shepard, and for receiving NAA’s 2021 Katherine and Marjorie Stinson Trophy.
· WAI and the Civil Air Patrol signed a new partnership agreement for joint efforts to foster interest in aviation, share aerospace education resources, and provide opportunities for youth to experience flight.
· The WAI chapter network reached 153 global chapters in 22 countries worldwide.”
The 34th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference will be held February 23-25, 2023, at the Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California. For more information, visit www.wai.org/23conference.